Sportspy Reports – April 10th 2011



Out early this morning at Commonedge Road, Blackpool for the beginning of a very long day as a number of games were kicking off early in anticipation of the Arsenal FC match.  Once again, the Edge was the venue for the Divisional Cup semi finals, this time for Divisions 2 & 3 in a rather truncated 'Sportspy Reports'. 

PlayFootball Logo - click to visit our website

Out on Pitch 8, the semi final between Division 2 sides Real Burlington FC and Tower Lounge FC (Red and white) kicked off just before 10am.  It was rather an uneventful first half.  In the second period the Lounge raced into a 3-0 lead before Burlies bravely pulled it back to 3-2 but Tower booked their place in the final thanks to a Chris Preece free kick that made it 4-2 and game over.

Liner Dave Connor ensures Chris Nay placed the corner in the 'D'

Tower Lounge FC defend

Veteran Stuart Todd is firstly sent to bring back the brews

Stuart Todd again in the background – this time he's on his way back from a long trek after being sent to fill the water bottles. Surely he's caught manager Kenny Mew's eye for the clubman of the year award?

Matt Derby

Tony Swallow with the pass

Shaun Meehan in trouble with Sandy Gear

Matt Hindle – the sunshine bringing out his freckles – cute

Lee McCabe

Guess who in the book – a poor example to youngsters

Free kick, Nay is unmarked and powers a great header into the top corner.  Sandy Gear disallowed it for a push

On Pitch 7 the officials were ready for the Teamsport 90 FC v Wrea Green FC semi final – we were promised another early start

Teamsport 90 FC were kicking about around 09:30 – still no sign of Wrea Green FC at 10:25

Nick Devereaux about to pounce but the Burlies scramble it away

Tower Lounge FC keeper

Another booking

Tower Lounge FC free kick

Smartly taken by the keeper

Dennis Wild and Nigel Hough (BFSFA committee)

Ex referee Steve Waller (Centre)

On of our better videos.  Chris Preece fires home a free kick to put the Tower Lounge FC 4-2 up and safely into the final

Just a few pictures from the Shovels v AFC Additions game in Division 1 that finished 3-3

Shovels FC keeper Mo in his warm up routine – far more supple than I.

The sun is out and so are the wags – nice and settled with a mug of tea (Additions in the red)

Peter Clarkson

The Shovels FC score another first half goal

Fylde Coast Gates (indescribable colour ) v FC Newton in the Prem. (1-4)

Finally, we had some action in the Teamsport 90 FC (Blue) v Wrea Green FC semi final.  This one finished at 1-1 with Division 3 side Teamsport 90 FC doing well against their higher Division opponents.  The score remained the same after extra time but it was Teamsport 90 FC that triumphed in the dreaded penalty shoot out – well done to them.

A good stretch and save by the Teamsport 90 FC keeper

He's round the keeper – he must score?

No, it was blocked and cleared to safety

That's it – sorry I had to leave – on my way to Bloomfield Road.

Sportspy 2010/11

PlayFootball Logo - click to visit our website

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.