Results Round up – Sunday January 31st 2010

Here's this weeks results round up, courtesy of BFSFA committee man Frank Kennedy. 

Frank Kennedy


Talk to Frank on 01253 304602, 07890 672397, or via email at

Mortgage Shop Blackpool & Fylde Sunday Alliance Report January 31st 2010

The Mortgage Shop Blackpool & Fylde Sunday Alliance are guaranteed a team in the final of the Lancashire Cup as rivals Devonshire Arms and Quilligans now meet in the semi final. Devonshire Arms went through on Sunday after a narrow 3-2 win in their much delayed game against Acregate Lane with 2 goals from Anthony Stayte and the other from David Cram.
In the Gledhill Cup Poulton SFC had an easy 8-0 victory over Layton Institute with a hat trick from Lee Catlow and a double from Carl Eastwood. Highbury Vets. and Blackpool Rangers have to replay when their game finished 1-1 after extra time with John Beavers and Graham McNicholas getting the goals.
In the Premier Cup Mark Ashall scored a hat trick for The Dunes in the 5-1 defeat of North West Kitchens.
Leaders Great Eccleston were surprisingly beaten 4-2 in the Division 2 Cup by Mythop Leisure with Matthew Rainbow on target twice.
Top side Real Burlington hammered Uncle Toms Cabin 11-0 in the Division 3 Cup with Jamie Nay scoring 4 and Chris Nay 3 times. Ashiana were also amongst the goals with a 9-1 win against The Stable Bar thanks to 4 goals from Phillipson Peltier and a hat trick from Rory Davies. FC Kingsfield had a good 4-1 victory over The Farmers with Martin Bowlings scoring twice whilst FC Edge had a surprise 4-2 win against Score Football.
In the Premier division Quilligans had a comfortable 6-1 victory over Fylde Coast Gates with a hat trick from Michael Evans.
Bottom side in division 2A Claremont Cons. recorded their second win after beating Autoweld 6-2. FC Talbot kept in touch with the leaders after the 5-0 success at Hampton Road Social and moved above Waterloo Sports and Social who dropped points in the 2-2 draw with MA2.
In division 2B The No. 4 Pub came from behind twice to beat Mere Park 6-4 with doubles from Matthew Derby and Mark Meehan. Blackpool Catholic Club needed three late goals from Daryl Davies and Phil Brown to defeat Marshall Court 3-0. Boars Head thrashed AFC Marton 8-0 with Craig Harding finding the net 5 times and Jordan Yates putting 2 past his brother in the Marton goal. Stuart Wilson scored Metrostars goals in the 2-2 draw with Skye.
Teamsport 90 went second in division 3A after the 4-2 win over Berrys Beds with Paul Wilson and Karl Holmes scoring twice for their teams. Luke Noble scored all C & G Electrical`s goals in the 4-2 defeat of Blackpool Owls. A hat trick from Matthew Wannell and a Ben Fenton double saw SPS overcome Choice Furniture 8-0.  

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.