Sportspy Reports – Sunday September 6th 2009.

Action from the second round of this season's Gledhill Cup competition.  Commonedge Road was this week's venue where seven ties were on offer.

PlayFootball Logo - click to visit our website

First up were Highfield Social FC who were hosting Metrostars at Colins Park.   Metros managed to take the game into extra time but faded as the Social ran out 8-3 winners.

I wish they'd move them goals from behind the net – nightmare for taking pictures.

The finger of admonishment is out from referee Dave Connor.

Jimmy Robinson (Right)

Highfield Social manager Matt Raybould.

Better late than never with the flags.


Greg Paul – Centre

Dave Shields forced to go in goals this morning.

Metrostars bench – strong coffee required for Stacey.

On to Pitch 6 where the Trades & Social (dirty mustard) were hosting the Shovels in a feisty affair.  The Trades made it 2-2 with almost the last kick of the game but the Shovels were just too strong in extra time and went through with a 6-2 victory.

Big Keith.

No referee disappointingly so Spud takes charge.

Ashley Casey.

Will Bailes.

'On the floor please to feet, I 'aint chasing it.'

Pitch 5 and the Waterloo Sports & Social Club were taking on Skye FC (Royal Blue).  Skye were playing well when I was watching and equalised to make it 1-1 but the youngsters made it through as Waterloo won 4-1.

Skye manager and 'Bad boy' Ali Martin (Suspended) has to make do with a kickabout on the touchline.

Fixtures secretary Carole Cox watches on.

Lee O'Neill

Unknown referee.

'Can you tell me were Pitch 8 is please?'  'Yeah, it's the one across the ditch in the far distance'.  'Bugger!'

Pitch 4 and Blackpool Owls FC (White) had changed their name back to Hampton Road Social Club FC.  They were at home to the Farmers.  Good game this one as Hampton edged out the Farmers 3-2.

Wayne Taylor (Centre)

Farmers pull a late goal back.

Pitch 3 saw FC Talbot play Blackpool Catholic Club FC (Red & Black).  Another great game with both teams playing some good football. In form FC Talbot eventually triumphed 4-3.

Big Bool climbs the highest.

FC Talbot keeper Neil Dugdale

Keep your eye on the ball

Off the bar

Dugdale in full flight.

Across the ditch on to Pitch 8 where Automedon were playing Spindles FC (Red) in a tough looking tie.

Just flashed wide.

The man at the far post rises high to head it back across goal and into the far corner.

Just wide.

Automedon fan Ben (Aged six) still smiling despite watching his team slump to a 10-0 defeat.

Finally, it was on to Pitch 7 to watch one of the best games of the day as Fairhaven FC (Brazil) were hosting FC Brun Grove.  (Fairhaven's home pitch still unavailable due to the cricket).  A tight game but very watchable as the Fairhaven progressed thanks to a narrow 1-0 win.

Trees bent in the wind as per usual.

Mark Hughes

Fairhaven boss Mr Rogan

Kyle Hendry

Hand warming

Good luck to all of those teams that made it through to Round 3.

Sportspy 2009/10

PlayFootball Logo - click to visit our website

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.