Sportspy Reports – Sunday March 15th 2009.

At Commonedge Road, Blackpool calling in at many of the games being played at the venue.  Good conditions for Sunday football at last with the long winter appearing to be over. 

PlayFootball Logo - click to visit our website

On Pitch 8 Division 3B favourites Matrix FC were away at Trades & Social FC in the quarter-finals of this season's Division 3 Cup competition.  Matrix were wearing the stripes.  Favourites FC Matrix reached the semi finals thanks to a 4-0 win.

Nick Devereaux.

A late night for Joel so he sleeps it off on the sidelines.

FC Matrix linesman.

Marco Cobb (Left)

Phil Ioannou.

High noon………….'You draw first'

Referee Ian Rose.

Matrix go close but the keeper saves it well.

FC Matrix manager Paul Cobb.

'Let's face it……… and I just don't get on.'

FC Matrix are awarded a penalty for handball on the goal line.  The video evidence is inconclusive but on the whole perhaps it was a harsh decision.  The ref had a split second.  I still can't decide after numerous viewings. Who'd be a referee?

On Pitch 6 The Crescent FC were hosting Poulton SFC.  The home side (Red) only had ten men but they played well in a 1-1 draw.

Crescent keeper David Stevenson.

Referee Mark Hughes.

It's no wonder the Crescent have had trouble finding the net.  Twins 'Robbo' and Luke up against each this morning.  You're going to bump into things Robbo.

The twins may go for different hair styles but other mannerisms can't be hidden.

Carl Eastwood.

Stevo grabs it.

The Cox clan.

Mike Braebaum (Left) and Carl Eastwood clash.

Crescent FC manager Paul Stevens (Right) in his eastern european porn star jacket.

On Pitch 7 Red Rose Catering FC's Premier Division game against Layton Institute (Blue) was moved from Thornton.  An entertaining 0-0 draw was the final result.

'My Ball !!!'  Red Rose fan Billy out watching his cousin.

Layton were low on numbers today so manager Stuart Todd was stripped and itching to get involved in the action.  I think he'd have scored the winner if given a chance.

The young Red Rose linesman.

Referee Rick Parr

He's at it again !  Graham – to be caught once is unfortunate, twice and it's a filthy habit.

In Division 3A Walkabout Celtic FC were 1-0 up away at Stable Bar FC but the home side (Yellow) came back to win 3-1.

Down injured.

Referee Mr Mahoney.

Farina (Right)

In Divison 2B FC Talbot had a decent result against Frenchman's Cove FC (Red) – 5-2 the final score.

Cove players surround the referee after a decision goes against them.

A nasty collision.

Far more supporters on the Edge this morning thanks to the warmer temperatures.

How much longer?

Fleetwood Cricket Club FC won again, this time 3-1 away at AFC Marton.

AFC Marton keeper.

Fleetwood go close towards the end.

Another Sunday morning is over.

Sportspy 2008/09

PlayFootball Logo - click to visit our website

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.