Sportspy Reports October 24th 2004

Not many games taking place today due the heavy midweek rain.

Here are some photo's from the games that were played at Commonedge Road and Blackpool Road, St Annes.

Good results for three of the five remaining BFSFA sides still in the Lancashire Sunday Trophy with great wins for Premier Division sides Bloomfield WMC and the Clarence away as well as Marton Institute at home to Preston side Lancashire and Yorkshire FC.

Marton Institute FC prior to the game at Blackpool Road St Annes.

Marton's opponents Lancashire & Yorkshire FC from the Preston Sunday League

The Marton defenders prepare for a Lancs Yorks FC free kick.

Marton's Tim Kinley concentrates on the flight of the ball with the help of a sneaky 'arm lock'.  The 'Insti' going on to win 4-2.

Clifton Co-op FC versus MA2 FC in Division 3A.  The Co-op back to form with a good 4-3 win over the fast improving MA2 FC. Pictured right is MA2's Paul Fulcher.

Christ the King FC (Striped shirts) in action against 3B opponents Floorline Direct.  CTK going on to win 4-1 and move up to second place in the table.

West Coast Tackle Postal FC continued their recent good spell of form with a 7-5 win over Castle Gardens FC.  A result that took them up to 8th place in Division 1. Postal's young striker Dean Chadwick (above) grabbed 2.

This time the Castle keeper has it covered (Just about)

3A leaders Little Fat Jacks FC in action against the much improved Wrea Green.  Jack's proving too strong in this one maintaining their lead at the top of the table with a 5-1 win. In the foreground is Fat Jack Jamie May.

A Wrea Green FC player receives treatment for a knock from manager Dennis Halliday.  The 'magic sponge' having an immediate effect.  If you know of a bigger water bucket in the BFSFA then we want to hear about it !

In the Division 2 Cup 2A's Bloomfield Vets FC (Striped shirts) finally overcame 2B's CLS Wyre FC 3-1 after extra time.

The Vet's usual midfielder Terry Green was left with no choice but to put on the gloves due to player shortages.  It was the same story for both sides as Wyre's player manager Chris Matthews was in goal at the other end.

CLS Wyre striker Paul Bailey receives the yellow card from referee Steve Maher.

The Vet's back line prepare to defend the corner clearly enjoying their Sunday Morning football.

Well into extra time the Veterans begin to tire but the effort was all worth it as they safely progressed through to Round 2.

Sportspy 2004/05

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.